Friday, October 24, 2014

Care Packages

What’s better than a letter? A package! Especially one from my daughter filled with birthday goodies. You know, the kind of things you don’t really need, but you want.


So the adventure begins with a note in your mailbox. Last year the note had no Romanji, only Japanese characters. This year’s package was sent FedEx (That’s right, son. Your sister is loyal!), and they include English on their forms for those of us who are staying abroad! 

I was able to call and reschedule delivery all by myself, without involving the entire post office, like last year. J


Then the box is delivered, and it’s a sight to behold! What’s inside? To get the answer required a pair of scissors and a modicum of patience, but I was rewarded!


I’ve wanted a bar of soap that doesn’t make my armpits itchy! The lavender bar my daughter sent just might clear up that issue. J

I’ve wanted scented candles, and I finally found some at Daiso, but wow. Fruity and flowery is not really my thing. I like lavender and that’s what my daughter sent me. J


Salmon jerky was not on my list, but it was in the box. LOL! I’ll give it a try. J

Bath salts were on my list, and for that “Tusan tak! (Norwegian for a thousand thanks!) After our field trip days that are ten and twelve hours long sometimes, I love to soak in the tub, wishing I had salts to help ease the aches away. So, arigato gozaimasu!

There were little chocolates and little mints and little bottles of lotion and little tins of chocolate nibs, all the lovely things that make a birthday special.

I love the care package, and I love the spirit in which it was sent, and oh yes, I did find the card several hours after I’d eaten the chocolate, lit the candle, and soaked in a wonderfully scented bath.



Thanks, Sine! I love you. J
Mom XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment